Ambrosia Pancake Puff
- 1/4 cup (60 mL), packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 2, thinly sliced Ambrosia Apples
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL), ground flax seed
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) white sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon
- pinch salt
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Prepare pan by lining with parchment paper or greasing well.
Microwave brown sugar and butter to melt. Pour into bottom of the pan.
Arrange apple slices or rings decoratively over the brown sugar mixture.
Whisk egg, milk and oil. In a separate bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, flax seed and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well.
Pour batter carefully over apples.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until slightly golden and cooked through.