Ambrosia & Butternut Squash Roasted Chicken
- 1 whole organic chicken (approximately 3 lb)
- 4 Cups 1″ diced butternut squash (1 medium squash, seeded and peeled)
- 1 Large yellow onion, peeled and cut into 8 quartered pieces
- 2 Ambrosia Apples, quartered and cored
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tsp Sea salt (or to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 10 Sprigs fresh thyme
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Place the squash, onion and apple slices evenly on a large baking sheet. Place the chicken on top of the squash mixture in the centre of the pan. Pour 1 Tbsp. of the oil on the chicken and the remaining 2 Tbsp. on the vegetables. Place a 1/4 of the onion inside the cavity of the chicken along with 3 thyme sprigs and truss the chicken with twine.
Scatter the remaining thyme over the vegetables and season everything with salt and pepper.
Roast for approximately an hour or until done, setting the oven to broil for the last 5-10 minutes to brown the chicken.