Ambrosia and Sweet Potato Pot Pies
- 2 large, skin on Ambrosia Apples
- 1 medium, or substitute yam sweet potato
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- ½ tsp dried sage leaves
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 sliced, whites and greens green onions
- ¾ cup, vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 beaten, for topping egg
- Frozen puff pastry, tube of refrigerator crescent rolls or any biscuit dough
Peel yams, core apples, and cut both into ½ inch cubes.
Toss with cornstarch, spices, and melted butter.
Add sliced green onions and broth.
Pour into a sprayed casserole dish, top with sliced apples or pastry, and brush with egg wash.
For a gluten-free topping, slice the third apple as thinly as possible and layer onto the pie.
For a quick traditional crust, top with choice of biscuit dough.
Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 350°F for 20 more minutes or until topping is golden.